Please see HERE in Japanese.
Japanese-English/English-Japanese Consecutive and Simultaneous interpreter in Denver/Boulder metro-area and Colorado.
Court-approved for the State of Colorado, Depositions, Medical, Social Services, Community, Escort, Business meetings and Conference interpreter.( Yes, I’ve done it ALL.)
On-site, Over-the-phone, and Online such as Skype/GoToMeeting/Webex.
25+ years of experiences.
Will travel to any part of USA and Canada, and have traveled to more than 50 cities in USA and Canada.
One of the few ACTIVE Court-Approved Japanese interpreter in Colorado, and has also been trained for medical interpretation.
In 2015, I completed about 95 onsite medical interpretation sessions, more than 6700 minutes of over-the-phone interpretation (mostly medical, some legal), 15 business meeting interpretation ranging from a half-day to 4 days per assignment both in simultaneous and consecutive modes, 15 onsite and phone court/legal assignments, 3 school assignments, and others. Towards the end of the year, I had to decline several assignments because my schedule was already filled.
I have been offering J-E/E-J interpretation since 1989, accompanying Japanese IT and other professionals for their visits to US companies and facilities, attendances to seminars/lectures/presentations and conferences/exhibitions, auditing, general business meetings and negotiations. While doing it, I have had visited more than 50 US and Canadian cities. I am especially familiar with IT industries in USA, because I myself have been working in the industry for more than 30 years. Therefore, I am very much familiar with technical terms in the IT industry, and do not require pre-conferences or materials for explaining these terms. I can easily interpret these technical terms, which may be difficult to understand for regular interpreters.
Recently, I have also been offering services to the groups of Japanese medical college students, who visit US medical colleges, hospitals and rehabilitation facilities.
In order to respond to the requests of interpretations in courts, I have completed the training for Colorado state court interpreters, has passed the written exam, and am approved as a Court Interpreter Vendor by the State of Colorado Judicial Branch.
Consecutive Japanese-English/English-Japanese interpretation for:
- Company visits
- Business meeting and Business negotiations
- Seminars and classes
- Conferences and Exhibitions
- Medical visits/Hospital Procedures
- Courtroom Interpretations
- Phone Interpretations
Simultaneous Japanese-English/English-Japanese interpretation for:
- International Conferences and Exhibitions
- Company Presentation
- Since 1989 : Consecutive Japanese-English/English-Japanese interpretations.
- Since 2012 : Simultaneous English-to-Japanese interpretations.
- Since 1992 : Translations of documents from Japanese to English, and from English to Japanese.
Strong Subject-matter Backgrounds in :
- Computer (software/hardware), communications and mobile technologies
(more than 30 years as a computer programmer)
- Business and Accounting matters
(more than 20 years as a small business owner)
- Medical situations
Training received as an interpreter:
- September, 2012 : Court Interpreter Orientation for Languages Other Than Spanish
- December, 2013 : Bridging The Gap (BTG) medical interpretation training (completed successfully)
Qualification and/or Certification as an interpreter:
- Colorado Court-Approved Court Interpreter.
- Successfully completed Bridging The Gap (BTG) medical interpretation training.
- Member of Colorado Association of Professional Interpreters (CAPI)
- Member of Colorado Translators Association (CTA)
- Member of National Association of Judiciary Interpreters (NAJIT)
- Member of International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA)
- Member of National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC)
- Member of American Translators Association (ATA)
- Japanese (lived in Japan since the birth till 1978 for 23 years)
- English (lived in USA since 1978)
- April, 1974 – March, 1978 : Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan. BS in Geophysics and Astrophysics
- September, 1978 – December, 1978 : English Language Institute, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma. Enrolled in English as a Seceond Language program
- January, 1979 – December, 1980 : University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma. MS in Meteorology (in 1981)
- January, 1981 – June, 1981 : Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida. Enrolled in PhD program in Astrophysics
- September, 1981 – May, 1985 : University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado. Enrolled in PhD program in AstroGeophysics
- Boulder, Colorado (Denver area)
Will travel to any place in USA/Canada
Some of most recent clients:
- NTT East
- Sumitomo Cement Systems
- Teikyo University
- Colorado State Court System
- Various Law Firms for a deposition interpretation
- Various hospitals and medical offices for medical interpretation
Places (in Colorado/Wyoming) where I’ve worked before (Red spots on the map):