Japanese-English/English-Japanese Consecutive interpreter (since 1989) and Simultaneous/Whispering interpreter (since 2012) in Denver/Boulder metro-area and Colorado.
30+ years of experiences since 1989, 7 years as a full-time interpreter since 2012.
I will travel to any part of USA and Canada, and have traveled to more than 50 cities in USA and Canada as an interpreter.
Court-approved by the State of Colorado, and Medical Interpreter Training (Bridging The Gap) completed.
I had worked as a computer programmer (Enterprise/Business programming) and a computer network engineer since 1985 through 2011. So, I have strong backgrounds in IT and communication technology as well as Accounting and Business in General.
I have interpreted for Business meetings, Office Tours, Negotiations, Conferences and Company Trainings/Seminars as well as Depositions, Immigration (Greencard) interviews, Medical visits, Social Services, Schools, Community and Escort. (Yes, I’ve done it ALL.)
On-site, Over-the-phone, Online such as Skype/GoToMeeting/Webex/Zoom and Smartphone Apps (Oyraa/Jeenie).
I have been offering J-E/E-J interpretation since 1989, accompanying Japanese IT and other professionals for their visits to US companies and facilities, attendances to seminars/lectures/presentations and conferences/exhibitions, auditing, general business meetings and negotiations. While doing it, I have had visited more than 50 US and Canadian cities. I am especially familiar with IT industries in USA, because I myself have been working in the industry for more than 30 years. Therefore, I am very much familiar with technical terms in the IT industry, and do not require pre-conferences or materials for explaining these terms. I can easily interpret these technical terms, which may be difficult to understand for regular interpreters.
Recently, I have also been offering services to the groups of Japanese medical college students, who visit US medical colleges, hospitals and rehabilitation facilities. I have also worked with many companies/projects in medical/pharmaceutical fields including those about clinical tests and FDA applications.
Consecutive Japanese-English/English-Japanese interpretation for:
- Company Visits and Company Tours
- Business Meetings, Negotiations and Annual Reporting Meetings
- Seminars and Classes
- Conferences and Exhibitions
- Medical Visits/Hospital Procedures
- Legal, including Depositions
- Immigration Matters, including Greencard Interviews
- Courtroom Interpretations
- Phone and Online Interpretations
Simultaneous/Whispering English-to-Japanese interpretation for:
- International Conferences and Exhibitions
- Company Presentations
- Company Trainings and Seminars
- Focus Group Interviews for Market Research
- Since 1989 : Consecutive Japanese-English/English-Japanese interpretations.
- Since 2012 : Full-time interpreter.
- Since 2012 : Simultaneous English-to-Japanese interpretations.
- Since 1992 : Translations of documents from Japanese to English, and from English to Japanese.
Strong Subject-matter Backgrounds in :
- Computer (software/hardware), communications and mobile technologies
(more than 30 years as a computer programmer)
- Business and Accounting matters
(more than 20 years as a small business owner)
- Medical situations
Training received as an interpreter:
- September, 2012 : Court Interpreter Orientation for Languages Other Than Spanish
- December, 2013 : Bridging The Gap (BTG) medical interpretation training (completed successfully)
Qualification and/or Certification as an interpreter:
- Colorado Court-Approved Court Interpreter, Credentialed level (highest level for languages for which no oral court exam exists).
- Successfully completed Bridging The Gap (BTG) medical interpretation training.
- Member of Colorado Association of Professional Interpreters (CAPI)
- Member of Colorado Translators Association (CTA)
- Member of National Association of Judiciary Interpreters (NAJIT)
- Member of International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA)
- Member of National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC)
- Member of American Translators Association (ATA)
- Japanese (lived in Japan since the birth till 1978 for 23 years)
- English (lived in USA since 1978)
- April, 1974 – March, 1978 : Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan. BS in Geophysics and Astrophysics
- September, 1978 – December, 1978 : English Language Institute, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma. Enrolled in English as a Seceond Language program
- January, 1979 – December, 1980 : University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma. MS in Meteorology (in 1981)
- January, 1981 – June, 1981 : Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida. Enrolled in PhD program in Astrophysics
- September, 1981 – May, 1985 : University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado. Enrolled in PhD program in AstroGeophysics
- Superior (near Boulder), Colorado (Metro Denver area)
Will travel to any place in USA/Canada
Some of most recent clients:
- Chairman and Members of National Security Committee in Japan’s House of Representatives (national government)
- Governor of Nagano (prefectural governor)
- NTT East (telecommunication service company)
- Kyowa Kirin (pharmaceutical company)
- Arkray (medical device manufacturer)
- Sekisui House (real-estate development company)
- JETRO – Japan External Trade Organization (quasi-government trade promotion office)
- RE/MAX (real estate franchise)
- Teikyo University
- Sumo Logic (software company)
- Talend (software company)
- CoorsTek (manufacturing company)
- Certified Angus Beef (beef brand/certification Company)
- Colorado State Court System
- Various Law Firms for deposition interpretations
- Various hospitals and medical offices for medical interpretation
Places (in Colorado/Wyoming) where I’ve worked before (Red spots on the map):